Savage Worlds: The Obsidian Crown Episode 19

travelingpeoplewagonThe nineteenth episode of The Obsidian Crown finds Henry plotting to gain more intel on their orcish adversaries and Rael riding southward toward the lands of his former master, whilst Daniel and Sharia head steadily east toward the banners of the Wolfs Head on the northern edge of the Blackwood.  With the stakes steadily on the rise, the heroes ride hard to complete their collective mission and regroup for the conflict ahead…  The Obsidian Crown is an adventure scenario featuring elements of horror, intrigue, and warfare set in a unique fantasy world. If you enjoy this episode, we  recommend you explore our previous Actual Play episodes. The system is Savage Worlds. Players use Hero Lab to manage their characters.  If you are interested in online gaming with Savage Worlds, you might also consider Google Hangouts and Roll20.

The Metagamers Anonymous Actual Play series is sponsored by Lone Wolf Development, makers of Hero Lab, and Plate Mail Games!

Posted in Obsidian Crown, Savage Worlds | 7 Comments

7 Responses to Savage Worlds: The Obsidian Crown Episode 19

1. Pingback: Prismatic Tsunami

2. Johnathan Little Raven says:

Erik, could you explain who Kane/Caine is in the plot? The same player also plays the Lord Captain, so I think that may be throwing me off a bit.

Love this campaign…as always great chemistry in the group and it is showing!

• orrynemrys says:

Toward the end of Episode 12, James (who plays Henry) suffered a power outage and lost connection. It became a perfect opportunity to screw with him in the upcoming sessions, so I cooked up a trio of evil fey doppleganger servants of the campaign’s Big Bad (whom the PCs really have no concept of at this point). Daniel, meanwhile, was turned to stone by a medusa held in the local governor’s basement. The real Rael, Protheus, and Sharia lost track of Henry in the ensuing chaos and spirited Daniel away to be cured by a contact of Protheus’s in the wizard’s city of Arigos. I gave Andrew, Jordan, and Jonikka instructions regarding their NPC counterparts, and I left James and Mike (as he missed that session) in the dark.

Caine was our solution for Justin to stay in the action. The fey villain that created the doubles lurks in the wood where they pursued and rescued the village women. It was effectively unable to double Daniel, because he carried the Heartwood weapon from the East Wood, or Kindyn, because he was a dwarf. Meanwhile, Justin came up with an idea for a character who ranges across the moors and the lands of Duke Ranen in the person of Caine, a dark-natured Robin Hood-esque figure who has a serious hate on for the duke.

You can find out a little more about him at https://the-obsidian-crown.obsidianportal.com/characters/caen

3. Johnathan Little Raven says:

Awww…I was sorry to hear this one end! So much plot lying out there! I can’t wait to hear the next episode. Great job, troupe! Enjoying this campaign thoroughly!

4. Lord Commander Daniel Mortlock says:

Caen is the only surviving son of the Aslen family. Dorian Aslen, Caen’s father was the Duke of what is now the duchy of Ranen. Duke Ranen, who was Dorian’s most trusted adviser and cousin, had the Aslen family put to death and seized his lands for himself. During the brief and brutal affair Caen managed to escape by firing an arrow from a magical bow, that’s powers had previously lied inert and had been dismissed as nothing more than a family heirloom. The magic was reawakened by Caen’s fear and need to escape and shunted him outside of the castle. He joined up with a band of rogues and began to build a reputation that he coaxed into a legend, claiming he was born from the gods. He wants nothing more than revenge on Duke Ranen for the murder of his family and the restoration of his family name.

5. Johnathan Little Raven says:

I listen while I’m at work doing mundane things, so I was probably distracted and missed something. Upon further review (yes, I listened to a couple of episodes again!), and after reading your posts…I gots it! Thanks for the explanation.

Hard task playing different characters in the same campaign, but Caen/Mortlock has pulled it off excellently! It quite interesting how everyone seems to fit their own place in the group dynamic, and the chemistry is great to hear. For instance, Henry used to annoy me to no end, but now I cannot wait to hear what he is up to and is one of favorite characters in this campaign!

Such a complex story, Erik! I’m loving all the intricacies, plot, and intrigue within. Keep it up, gentelmen…and lest I forget Sharia! It’s always awesome to come here and see a new episode posted.

6. Johnathan Little Raven says:

Thanks for the link to the Obsidian Portal page! Great stuff!